Patient Participation Group (PPG)
- About The Group
- PPG Archive
- latest news
The Patient Participation Group (PPG) is a small group of patients who have volunteered to work with the Practice staff to provide a patient perspective on the services provided by the Practice.
A copy of the current PPG terms of reference is provided below:
The group meet formally at the Surgery every 3 months. Minutes from each formal meeting are published here on the website. The most recent minutes are provided below:
The meeting dates for 2023 are as follows:
- Wednesday 15th February (12:00 - 13:30)
- Wednesday 21st June (cancelled)
- Wednesday 11th October (12:00 - 13:30)
- Wednesday 13th December (10:30 - 12:00)
Outside of the formal meetings, PPG members work with Practice staff on various initiatives. Recent examples include:
- Improvements to the Appointment System
- Revamping the CWMC website
- Development of an out of hours patient services leaflet
- Analysis of the Friends & Family Test feedback data
- Monthly Meet & Greet exercises to gain in-depth patient feedback on current services and improvement ideas
The PPG is open to all CWMC patients. If you would be interested in joining the group, please contact the Surgery directly.
For further information, please see the following website:
Documents relating to the Patient Participation Group that are no longer current are filed in this section for reference.
There were no meetings due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Following on from the successful vaccination programme roll-out, when you may have seen a number of us out in all weathers in our hi-vis jackets marshalling the Car Park, things are beginning to return to normal at City Walls Medical Centre. As members of the PPG, we wanted to let our patients know more about the current situation at the Practice:
- The surgery is moving towards a more normal set-up from this point though telephone triage will continue in some cases. This will mean that some routine GP appointments will now be available again on-line (via Patient Access) along with phlebotomy bookings. These appointments will also be available via Reception (telephone or in-person). As before nurse appointments will remain accessible via contacting Reception.
- The surgery is well aware of the problems with the current telephone set-up and is trying to address these issues as follows:
- The telephone message has been updated and simplified.
- The underlying system is being changed to allow for a queue of up to 20 callers with information as to where a caller is in the queue.
- There will be a further review and improvements in the near future.
- With regards to improvements to the appointment system in general, an internal group has been established to review the situation at the end of each month to assess future demand and make appropriate changes.
- If you have any comments on any of the above or would like to discuss your ideas or concerns with a patient representative, please use the Contact Form on the website and mark it for the attention of the CWMC Patient Participation Group.