Housing Support

On this page are some useful links and information about some of the most asked questions related to housing.

Help with Homelessness

If you are homeless or being threatened with homelessness within 56 days, we encourage you to contact the Housing Options team on: 0808 175 3595 (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday 9.00am-4.30pm and Wed 1.00pm-4.30pm) Homelessness | Cheshire West and Chester Council

If you are not threatened with homelessness within 56 days but would still like to receive some early help, advice and support, contact the team on 0808 175 3595.

ForFutures has some frequently asked questions that may fit your specific query. It is worth exploring this section of the website.

The Council website has a self-help pack about the different types of accommodation available.

I want to apply for Social Housing. How do I do this?

Before you apply for social housing, please have a look at Section 2 of the Allocations Policy, “Who can be housed?”, as this focuses on eligibility and reasons people may be unable to register.

Once you have done this and believe that you meet the criteria, please go to the West Cheshire Homes website to apply.

Supportive Documents

Every Surgery can provide you with a brief summary of your medical problems and the medications you take.

Repairs – What do I do?

Shelter has very useful advice about the steps to follow when reporting a repair:

How to report repairs to a private landlord – Shelter England

Repairs in your council or housing association home – Shelter England

Whether you are in private or council properties, all professionals will encourage you to report repairs straight away and to keep all records in writing of who and when you speak with someone. Make a note of reference numbers you receive so your case can be easily located if you speak with multiple people.

Be sure to follow the housing provider’s policies when reporting a repair. If you feel that your repair is not being sorted within a timescale that is within their policy, you have a right to complain. Speak with the housing provider about how to go about this. Remember to note down the names of those you have spoken with and when you spoke with them.

How to report a repair with Sanctuary

How to report a repair with Muir

How to report a repair with Your Housing group

Useful Services for General Advice and Further Guidance

Citizens Advice Bureau is open at Bluecoats building on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am-2pm. They are also based at DIAL on Tuesdays and Fridays from 10am-2pm. Appointments are on a first come first served basis.

CAB has a dedicated section on its website about issues related to housing.