Flu Vaccinations 2020-21
Flu vaccination appointments are now available. Please call reception after 11 am to book your appointment.
If you do not wish to have this vaccine or have received it somewhere else, please contact us to let us know.
If you are over 65, pregnant or suffer from one of the following you are entitled to a FREE Flu vaccination:
- Coronary Heart Disease (CHD)
- Kidney Disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic Liver disease
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Chronic Respiratory Disease, including Asthma
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Immunosuppression due to disease or treatment
- Multiple sclerosis
Others entitled to a FREE Flu vaccination are:
- Those living in long-stay residential and nursing homes or other long-stay facilities
- Carers (Defined as those who are in receipt of a carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill.
50-64 Year Olds
Please note that people in the 50-64-year old age group will not be vaccinated until November and December, providing there is sufficient vaccine, and no appointments will be offered for this age group until then.
This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first.
If you are 50-64 and you are in one of the other groups which are eligible for the flu vaccination, for example, you have a health condition that puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.