Appointment System Explained!
From recent feedback to the City Walls Medical Centre (CWMC) Patient Participation Group it is clear that many patients would like clarification on how the current Appointment System operates:
- Urgent appointments can be made from 8am onwards by calling the CWMC Reception (01244 357800). Unless there is exceptional demand at the time of making the call, you should be advised of your position in the queue. Priority is assigned to Urgent appointments to ensure all patients requiring such an appointment can be seen on the day.
- Routine appointments can be made from 10am onwards either by telephone or online (see below). There is no priority given to either method: the same appointments are available either via phone or online. Any appointment offered will be for 2 days or 1 week later. So, for example, if trying to make an appointment on a Monday you will be offered an appointment for either the Wednesday of that week or the following Monday. A further example; if you require an appointment on a Tuesday then you need to contact the Surgery on the previous Tuesday or Friday.
- Extended hours appointments: Our reception can also book you an evening or weekend appointment (for a GP, Nurse, phlebotomist or physio assessment) at one of several locations in the area and your CWMC records will be updated. Please see the Out of Hours Services page for further details.
This provides an alternative channel for patients to:
- Make routine appointments
- Order repeat prescriptions
- Review their medical records
To use the online system you will require a unique User ID and Password – contact CWMC Reception or see the Online Services page for details.